Behind the scenes.

Posted by - IaNtaN - | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009

The day we had Applied Tech class, we were taught on how to curve a carrot. Seriously Kar Phang, I need your assistance like immediately! I definitely got no techniques on curving. I was so damn frustrated when I couldn't get in into shape. Seriously, very frustrated. I tried like 2 carrots, radish, potato, but still no good results. I was so damn frust, coz I really love Culinary Arts, even basics I can't even master, what will ever happen if I am major in Culinary Arts? I am so mad at myself at that point.



These are the carrots,radish and potatoes they supplied for learning to curve. I really tried, but still I couldn't finish the right techniques!!! GahhhhhH!

And there, that's the perfect curve, done by Chef Tan. This is the point of the class on that day. Curving and the right strokes.



Class ended with me not mastering the curves yet. Damnit. Kar Phang, let's meet up and lets come up with some food.


Then I had a round 2(final) assessment on culinary the next day. Phew, gratefully or maybe by luck I improved by 2 points! Well, the first assessment I had 8/12, so ya, now I have 10. Actually I could have gotten full marks. Stupid me, I screwed cisele. Gahhhh.



And that's the recipe du jour. Well, my personal favourite is gotta be the risoler!

We started off with "sweating of the carrots". Any carrot lover? Then this is the definite meal for you. LOL. Served in small portion still basically okay. More than that, oh man. Hell no.



Then the results. Soft, sweet with no extra flavoring. :D



Then you have to multi-task.



And of course, a picture of yourself "busy". xD



And dayumm.. The mashed potato made by Chef Tan was so effing delicious!! Seriously, even without the gravy, we finished the whole big pot!! Damn yummy!!

Thats all I guess for that day. We went vegetarian on that day. Everything is vege.
Can't wait to actually know exactly how to cut a chicken, lamb or anything. xD

Comments (0)