Screwed?

Posted by - IaNtaN - | Posted in | Posted on Friday, May 22, 2009

I had my culinary assessment last... 2 weeks ago. Di Wei, Ee Laine and I got lectured from Chef Tan during the AT class for culinary coz we wore fomal. *Damn*. Wasn't worth the hits we got from chef tan as we didn't know! We just said assume. And Chef Tan replied, " Do you know whats the meaning of assume?" I said thought? NO. He said assume means> Ass-u-me. Then he kinda like insulted by the word.. But no big deal. Then he lecture and lecture and lecture for like 15 mins. Man I tell you. So guess what, wearing formal with no knife sets, along came a great news. He said he wanted to give assessment tomorrow and now he wants to teach! WTF.
No big deal. Its all about talent.
**************************************************************************************

Then tomorrow. Assessment day. I practised yesterday night cutting my mom's carrots and onions. I wanted to throw it away, my mom screwed me and asked me it's still can be put to used. She asked me to fry an egg and eat NOW. ==.
Okayy, never mind that. It was quite a success la I guess coz the day before during AT class we never had carrots, we had radish instead. Radish is softer while carrot is harder. I guess this whole thing was part of his conspiracy. (Chef Tan).
Moving on to assessment day.
We have 3mins to peel that carrot and onion. Dumb me taken the bigger one coz I thought bigger one is easier to be julliened later on. I was wrong.



Very lazy to rotate the pic. Pardon me. LOL.

Then nxt, we have to cut into *oh shit I don't know what style is this*.



Sad to say, I didn't finish the carrot in the given time-2mins. Stupid carrot.
I wish Bugs Bunny were here. xD Then Chef Tan checked thoroughly, said, you take long time but still not yet perfect. He gave me 2. Still OK.
Oh ya, he named all these assessments as a game. Ya, game. ==. So lame.
Next, haha, jullienne.Woohoo! My favourite. Getting pro already la now. At least Chef said something nice. He said GOOD. hahaha.

.

Then my fingers are turning to orange color due to too big carrot.
The next "game" is cisele. Its all in French term, so those words I'm typing doesn't mean it is pronounced that way. I learnt my lesson. xD
Its actually cutting it from an onion. Almost cried. Nola don't have. Coz the ventilation was good enough to prevent the onion's weapon.

After all those so called games, I earned myself 8/12 marks. Phew. Oklar not so bad afterall though.
That chef dude asked us to prepare a soup. A soup?! We were puzzled as hell. No clue. No guidance at all. We just taruk nasib. What comes out, gulp* come out larh!
So being a chef wannabe. I act pro. Add here add there. And boom! >>>
* i don't know whr the pics went *

Anyway, it looked presentable but taste badly. HAHAHA!
chill chill. First time kayy. More to come. xD

Phew. Thats all la for the past few week I was M.I.A. I hope ya'll enjoy those craps I have written.
Solo still in college. But not for long. xD

Comments (0)