S.S Camp 08

Posted by - IaNtaN - | Posted in | Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here's what I've got myself into for the past 3days dated on the 15th - 17th.
Here goes nothing.

15th - I couldn't believe I woke up on the "misty" friday morning "happily". As excited as I am that its already a weekend, that morning I realized I was going for the sport Science camp scheduled in Sg.Gading(somewhere) :)
Being an active school boy *ahem* with no surat amaran for the past 5years yet, I went to school before the camp. FYI, the camp was scheduled at time 1430 (supposedly). =='.
I can't believe I went to school that particular day to waste my time there instead being at home leisurely. Particular that FRIDAY, Pn Sariah (Eng) did not enter. *Fine*. Accounts, Pn Wong. Well, you knowwwww meeee. XD. BREAKKKKKK! muahahahaha!
Makan makan time. Then p.Moral, Pn Sariah.(smiley teacher!) did not enter class. I was like woooo. Okieee. Is this for real? Then, my ponteng devil came to my left ear telling me its time to skip the last period of lesson as well. Ironically, I accepted and followed. (once in a while laaa okiieeee). My peeps and I consist of boys and girls. We eventually found the so called 'pondok' and made it into a clubHouse in No time. Girls guys, all sama sama. G-O-S-S-I-P. ( That includes me ) XD
And, guess what? Maths teacher was absent too. That that "thing" luckily skipped class today as "it" is very very annoying with broken english & yet critisizing us Chinese! Currrrrrse you!! XD (Sam way to Go! Woohooo)
The day goes on after school after gossiping. Went lunch with MrMok,MrLim,MrTan,MrPhuah. Hahaha! We went to Bayu's Cheong Foh. I met the f2 girl Jessica with her dad & mum. She was staring at me like I'm a sasquatch or something ya know. Damn. I ignored and act dumb as the way I am. XD
Okieee. Lets fast forward people. (>>)


And here we are. ( |> )*FYI, its a play button* hahaha!
I waited "eagerly" for the bus to come. They said 1430 was the time. 1430!
I waited.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited. (babi siall, mana bas ni?!!)
And. A bus spotted. My prayers were answered.
Wait. Its not OUR bus, its Pandamaran Jaya's bus. GodDamnit.
......


And waited.
Yellow long banana-look-alike with wipers on the front windscreen. I know this time, the Gods had enough with my prayers and decided to give me a chance! XD
The time. 1645. Yes people. 1645. Do your math.
Okiee. I grumbled to myself cursing along the way. Finally I settled down.
As soon as I arrived at the campsite. It was already dusk. Nothing can be done during that hour. We were quickly seperated into different tents, and the best part is you get to choose your tent-mates!Woooo. (Nehh, nothing boastful about that).
My peeps and I were the last to be placed in the camp. We thought it would be an awful site. So we sat quietly and "patiently". As time goes by, people around us too. XD. FINALLY! Our patience paid off. "Abang abang mari mari" were the words uttered perfectly from his lips. hahaha! Everyone had 7 people in their tents whereas me only 5 people. Wakaka!
Nothing much there really. At first I regretted. My 1st night dinner.Okiee la. Forgotten ate what already and don't wanna remember anyway. :)
Then, the main what should I say, the MUST-HAVE gathering taklimat. Everyon's fav part of the camp. HahahA! *No, not me*. That Ex-Commando Anuar/Anwar (any possible spelling) At first, I hated him by the way he talked. This that here there anywhere has rules. Not coz of the rules okiee I hated him. His style that is. XD
Bla bla bla bla. As he goes on. As the more he talked I find his very very funny.
"Hai kawan kawan". << The quote I picked up along the camp! HAHAHA!
It goes on. And we went for the "long-awaited NIGHT WALK". As slamba as I can be, I walked and uttered some prayers. (I'm not what you think I am). ==" I'm just playing safe and do according what I've learned in life.
The annoyance along the way was the order Take Cover! and that tembikai fellow with that SLR camera with bright bright bright FLASH he used on us. DumbArse!
During that time, that walk thing. My eyes were already semi-opened! XD
Really laaa too tired d. Hahs! It last till the early morning at 3+ I think.
Oh, before that. To reach to your camp site, you have to walk with 3 people instead of the earlier one long stretch consist of 150+ people. Instead to scare us, we took it the other way round and make it entertaining. =="
When you're leaving 3 in a group that is, along the way the facilitators were all hiding behind those bushes and make funny noises and poses! XD
Eventhough I'm night-blinded I still can see "them". I hoped what I've seen so far were factual and sci-fi !! XD
Easy-task! XD Glad to make it. Tidurrrr...

16th(Saturday)

Longest day yet. Woke up kinda late but managed to clean myself. We were already divided into groups yesterday. 3 groups respectively consist of 50+ ppl. =="
Firstly, do you remember when you watched 'The Dark Knight' the scene where The Joker makes a try out? Its something like that. NO EXECUTION-NO PUTTING THAT SMILE ON THAT FACE. No not that. Just try outs. XD where the shortest stick will go jungle-trekking with Mr.Komodo aka The Commander. Self-proclaimed MrKomodo. I considered ourself blessed, we got the wettest yet exciting activity at the first try. Tube rafting! During the rafting, everyone have to wait for their turn. As everyone are waiting for their turn, guess where are our seats? XD. Lets just say its the cold icy water of the flowing river at the time 0845. Yes, theres too many people were shivering. Nope I did not, as I have my tembikai to protect me! XD
As my I decided to give it a try on tube rafting, it was actually really fun and filled with excitement! You guys all know whats a tube rite. I assumed you all know what is it. Okieee.After my turn, its someone else's turn. And back to the soaking, woohhooo! (NOT). We're ordered that every activities will take 2 hours and the half.
So we sat very quietly, and waited for 52 people to finish. Emphasize on the word "quiet". Coz the water was darn freaking cool.
Finally, we're done! The next activity, jungle trekking with MrKomodo. =='
Well there are a few exciting activities we did during our jungle trekking. We did this err basic rafting. I find it is really exciting eventhough it gives your bottom a good rocking! XD. It goes like this, firstly you place yourself in the fastest current above the rocks and lay yourself down. Posture straight and RELAX! And wahlah there you go. Bang bang boom boom on your ass. Like those swing in the playground ya know. Get the picture?
Next up, we learn about survival. Woooo. Hahs! The MrKomodo taught us about how to survive in the jungle if your're lost. Yes. I find it really useful. He taught us how to smartly pick a leaf and eat. Coz leaf and water is all we get in the jungle in case you're lost. I will remember this survival tips. Thanks reptile! XD
Onwards, we're just trekking our way home to have lunch. Along the way, little did I realize that I was stucked by a leech. Ewww. I did not realize after I reached to my campsite. My arm was bleeding non-stop. It bled so terrible even the wound was only a timid dot. It kept bleeding and Shaqira said it was a leech bite. I was like ooo, okiee leech. No pain No gain! XD. Makan time! Makan makan. As I was going to collect my food, I saw a few ladies from Confucion. Wow. That school is close to heaven. Nehh. Not really.
After lunch, our final and last activity of the day. The long awaited high rope element, Flying Fox. I find that this activity is the most boring yet longest waiting queue ever. As I was waiting, I slept first then I woke up. Alif and I got into something. Our hands grew itchier and we decided that its 'menjolok' time!
FYI, our campsite are surrounded with fruitful trees such as durian,'pulasan',mangosteen,nangka/cempedak not sure either which is which.
Both us jolok and jolok with a long bamboo stick and its wahlah -usaha tangga kejayaan- Kejayaan mestilah bertangga. Those were the wisdom statement from Alif.
And blah la some even said that menjolok involved in Daya Tahan Otot. Which involves mendongak muscle as we need to look up long enough to search for fruits and jolok it.
Phew. Finally la. It all ended peacefully. Everyone is safe for the activities.
And we headed back to our camp to take shower and prepare for dinner.
Tonights activity, performance from every group. We did drama. That fucked up Zairul, acting his a director or producer. Ask do this do that. Fuck.
At night, when some of us had change of minds. Zairul was pissed and I was peace.
I am REBELIOUS! hahahaha! Some group members said they wanted to sing. And wahlah we did not sing at the end but drama.==" He got the last laugh.Ya he certainly did.
We did not practice, no nothing. Me and Shaqira just did everything spontaneously.
See the talents *ahem*. I deserve some recognition! XD
And as all the groups performed theirs with their own unique way and style, I thought this night will end early as I was very very tired. Some participants just fall flat, some speechless. Well, you guys are not mentally challenged enough! *bangga sial*. Those facilitators suggested that we should berbalas pantun. This Zairul showing off his "so called SKILLS" such Show off. But I have to admit that his SHIT are good.
Anyway, they dragged it till 0030. As healthy and semangat, I disturbed this 4v2 girl which I do not know her name. She ignored me coz she's very tired too. Haihs. I was left alone stupidly listening to their pantun. Phew, finally they spitted their magic words. Anda boleh minum skrg dan lepas tu kembali berkumpul. We....... Vowed Never to return.

17th(Finally)

My stay here is about to end.
We did some jogging early morning. Next, we were told we're going to learn to cook with just a packet of flour and salt if we're ever trapped in a jungle with these.
And off we go to the campfire prepared down the river stretch.
Here are 8th simple steps to make something contained yeast!


First Step: Do the dough.
Secondly:Make it into balls.XD
Thirdly:Find a stick. Peel off the skin.
Fourth:Take a flour ball and play with it like a plasticine.
Fifth:Make it thin enough and roll it to make it like a snake.
Sixth:Roll it around your stick.
Seven:Barbeque it!
Eighth:Taste like roti naan! XD

After all that stuff, we're ordered to go back and pack our stuff and take a shower!
Wooo! "Group hugs in the shower". This time our shower is abit different. We are joined by our teacher EnSazli! He's like high on weet or something. We all played how long can everyone hold their breath. Sazli was cheating la this la that la. His expressions were really funny. Especially that wicked laugh of his! XD
Was very fun la really.
Then off to lunch and packed my bags for good. Everyone gathered at the hall with their luggages respectively. Its farewell for the sport science camp batch 08.
I've seen alot of people made new friends and take handphone numbers! Yeah sad but true I did that too. XD
We loaded our stuff on the truck and off we go by turns.
We bid farewell to everyone as we left. We all entered our bus and the malays muttered some prayers for a safe journey ahead and OFF we go HOME!




Overall. I think I've learned alot. Especially on how to give emergency assistance such as CPR , DrABC and TOTAPS.
CPR=Cium,Peluk,Raba! XD
And I give this camp rating 3.5 out of 5.

Comments (0)